Canal Street Ferry TerminalFebruary 10, 2022
Returning to drive to the finish
In October of 2021, APC Construction began the foundation work for a temporary dock to be used during construction of the new grand ferry terminal. APC used an ICE® 50B Vibratory Driver / Extractor, paired with the ICE® tier four (environmentally friendly) 580T Power Unit to drive caissons for a temporary dock for the ferry during the complex construction. The temporary dock, found in front of the Audubon Aquarium, served its purpose throughout all construction phases and now APC Construction is deploying the ICE® I-19 on the project site to supply final foundation driving.
The completed NOLA Canal Street Ferry Terminal will consist of a 4,300 SF building, a new replacement barge with a modernized boarding structure, a 13,200 SF elevated wharf, and a pedestrian plaza along Canal St. The $43 million project is still on track to finish in the summer of 2022. ICE® is proud to have equipment in use by APC for the finishing foundation work. Hats off to another outstanding project APC Construction has carried out for the NOLA community!
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - email@example.com
- The Port Project of the Century
- Meet the All-New ICE® 16VM!
- ICE® Supports Our Truck Drivers
- Introducing The ICE® Duplex Clamp Plate
- Largest Industrial Project in Arkansas History
- ICE® Eases Atlantic Traffic
- Supporting Clean Energy in NJ
- Comacchio MC28 Combats Cold Weather
- Driven Pile is Creating a Better Tomorrow - METRO Green Line Extension, SWLRT (Southwest Light Rail Project)
- A Sea of Green at Bainbridge Island