Equipping Hospital to Combat Health CrisesOctober 6, 2022
Equipping Hospital to Combat Health Crises
Editor: Allison Braswell
It has never been more important than now to invest in healthcare infrastructure to strengthen efforts against current and future health crisis. Leaders at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC knew a solution was needed to adapt to the growing needs of this community. A new $450 million care tower was approved to be constructed at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. Located in the former Parking Deck B, the newest care tower will expand access to critical services including an upgraded emergency department, plush operating rooms, and state of the art intensive care units.
Geo Stabilization International (GSI) is coordinating the construction of a shotcrete wall for shoring on the project. GSI's contractor used the ICE® Comacchio MC22 Drill Rig to install the anchor bar and 340 soil nails to secure the wall to the rocky formation. The 30' (ft) stroke with single pass ability of the ICE® Comacchio MC22 made a smooth installation of the 20' (ft) tie-back anchors. Additionally, use of air rotary methods with a drag bit and downhole (DTH) hammer made drilling in the very firm to rocky formation a simpler process.
Thank you to GSI for investing in ICE® drilling to help Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center build a better approach to healthcare.
Learn more about the ICE® Comacchio MC22 and other multipurpose rigs of the Comacchio fleet.
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Port Project of the Century
- Meet the All-New ICE® 16VM!
- ICE® Supports Our Truck Drivers
- Introducing The ICE® Duplex Clamp Plate
- Largest Industrial Project in Arkansas History
- ICE® Eases Atlantic Traffic
- Supporting Clean Energy in NJ
- Comacchio MC28 Combats Cold Weather
- Driven Pile is Creating a Better Tomorrow - METRO Green Line Extension, SWLRT (Southwest Light Rail Project)
- A Sea of Green at Bainbridge Island