Mega Drill for the Alabama Mega Site ProjectFebruary 18, 2022
Editor: Ashley Steele
The South Alabama Mega Site Project is a $12.5 million dollar plan to expand commerce in Baldwin County, Alabama. This region is the 11th fastest growing metro area in the United States. The 3009 acres (about half the area of JFK Airport) site will allow for growth by way of railroad and Port of Mobile expansions. $5.5 million of the project alone is being utilized on the railroad portion of the project.
The railroad in Bay Minette will receive an on-site rail spur to connect it to the CSX mainline. These mainlines will run 32 miles to the Port of Mobile and throughout the Midwest. OCCI Inc. was awarded a sub-contract for foundation work performed on this huge project. The team at OCCI realized they were going to need the proper drilling foundation equipment to complete this task efficiently.
ICE® supplied a 115-50 Rotary Head Drill with 100 feet of 30" centralized auger flighting. This mega drill is up to the challenge that this huge site project demands. The drilled holes will be filled with pipes, grout, and rebar cages to fortify the foundation for the railroad expansion. The ICE® 115-50 Rotary Head Drill can easily support large auger-cast flighting to make larger jobs seem simplified.
OCCI Inc. and its onsite crews are doing a fantastic job on this Mega Site. We at ICE® are thankful to be a part of the creation and growth potential that this project has instore for Baldwin County!
Excellence at its best, OCCI, Inc!
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Driven Pile is Creating a Better Tomorrow - METRO Green Line Extension, SWLRT (Southwest Light Rail Project)
- A Sea of Green at Bainbridge Island
- ICE® Versus Deicing Salts: The Only ICE® You Want on the Road!
- Lane Con Makes Drivers’ Dreams Come True
- Modernizing Water Infrastructure
- ICE® Reintroduces Partner and Rig Training
- ICE® wishes a "Bon Voyage" to Mike Robinson!
- Join ICE® & our partners for Irish Shenanigans and Training at Con-Expo 2023!
- Investing In Safe Water Infrastructure
- Mountain Ridges & Temporary Bridges