Stratton Lock and Dam ConstructionFebruary 4, 2020
Stratton Lock and Dam Construction
Editor - Alix Bemis
Project installs new dam gates and extend lock to reduce wait times for boat traffic and stop erosion issues
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) is overseeing construction on a $16.7 million improvement project at the Stratton Lock and Dam on the Fox River in McHenry County. Under the supervision of the IDNR Office of Water Resources, Kiewit Infrastructure Company of Chicago is managing the construction of the Stratton Lock and Dam Project in McHenry, IL.
Kiewit Infrastructure Company of Chicago is driving sheet pile using an ICE® Model 50B Vibratory Pile Hammer.
The Stratton Lock and Damn Life Extension Project improves three components of the lock and dam facility. Replacement of existing gates, extension of the boat lock downstream, and rehabilitation of berms on Fox River to correct erosion problems and helping the local wildlife population thrive including fish habitats.
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Press Release
Click for image of the project area
- Driven Pile is Creating a Better Tomorrow - METRO Green Line Extension, SWLRT (Southwest Light Rail Project)
- A Sea of Green at Bainbridge Island
- ICE® Versus Deicing Salts: The Only ICE® You Want on the Road!
- Lane Con Makes Drivers’ Dreams Come True
- Modernizing Water Infrastructure
- ICE® Reintroduces Partner and Rig Training
- ICE® wishes a "Bon Voyage" to Mike Robinson!
- Join ICE® & our partners for Irish Shenanigans and Training at Con-Expo 2023!
- Investing In Safe Water Infrastructure
- Mountain Ridges & Temporary Bridges