Editor: Alix Bemis
The Portland Bureau of Transportation's (PBOT) $25.8 million Northland Rivergate Overcrossing project began in October 2019. Cascade Bridge LLC was awarded the contract to build the bridge that spans the Union Pacific Railroad and BNSF tracks. The five-span bridge will be 830-feet long and will replace a crossing on North Rivergate Boulevard. The purpose of this project is to ease traffic congestion and long backups caused by rail switching operations.
Founded in 2001, Cascade Bridge LLC is a heavy-highway general contractor that specializes in bridge construction primarily in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
To protect nearby businesses, the new overpass required deep and high-capacity piles with a net zero settlement impact. The first step is driving 12,000 feet of 25"x0.625" pipe pile using an ICE® 1-80v2 Diesel Impact Pile Hammer in ICE® 48" Offshore Leads with their 130T crawler and Link-Belt 228 HSL.
The new Northland Rivergate Overcrossing will be complete in May 2021 and expected to open to traffic in June 2021.
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - email@example.com
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
- Docks Built to Last with an ICE® Vibratory Pile Hammer
- Dooker’s Hollow Bridge Driven Piles
- Reconstruction of Marysville Dock on Lake Ontario
- SLC Airport Phase-2 Construction
- I-64 New High Rise Bridge Construction in Chesapeake, VA
- Minneapolis Southwest Light Rail Transit Construction
- Ultra-lum Billboard Install with an ICE® 50B Vibratory Pile Hammer
- Coho Salmon Pens Installed Using an ICE® 14D Vibratory Pile Hammer
- Installing Micro Piles at a New Swim School Using an MC4D Piling Rig
- Driving Pipe on a Route 22 Overpass Using an I-30 Diesel Pile Hammer