Northland Rivergate Overcrossing Construction
Editor: Alix Bemis
The Portland Bureau of Transportation's (PBOT) $25.8 million Northland Rivergate Overcrossing project began in October 2019. Cascade Bridge LLC was awarded the contract to build the bridge that spans the Union Pacific Railroad and BNSF tracks. The five-span bridge will be 830-feet long and will replace a crossing on North Rivergate Boulevard. The purpose of this project is to ease traffic congestion and long backups caused by rail switching operations.
Founded in 2001, Cascade Bridge LLC is a heavy-highway general contractor that specializes in bridge construction primarily in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
To protect nearby businesses, the new overpass required deep and high-capacity piles with a net zero settlement impact. The first step is driving 12,000 feet of 25"x0.625" pipe pile using an ICE® 1-80v2 Diesel Impact Pile Hammer in ICE® 48" Offshore Leads with their 130T crawler and Link-Belt 228 HSL.
The new Northland Rivergate Overcrossing will be complete in May 2021 and expected to open to traffic in June 2021.
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - email@example.com
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
- Sletten Helps Get MRL Back on Track
- Trench is Pickin’ Up Good Vibrations
- ICE®'s IP-3 Working on a Postage Stamp
- McLean Returns to Churchland Bridge ~ 50 Years Later
- The Path to Four Lakes Revival
- CH 450 Purifies Polluted Soil
- CH 150 Advances Worker Safety
- Predrilling For Pedestrian Safety
- ICE® 44B “Born to Run” Down NJ Highway
- Drilling Towards a Renewable Revolution