Shrewsbury River Bridge ReplacementSeptember 28, 2022
Shrewsbury River Bridge Replacement
Editor: Allison Braswell
One of the two emergency evacuation routes in Rumson, NJ utilized in times of flooding and coastal storms is deemed unsafe for use. The Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge stretches over the Shrewsbury River between the Borough of Rumson and the Borough of Sea Bright in Monmouth County, NJ. Built in 1950, the drawbridge's structural and functional limitations do not meet today's design standards and is in urgent need of replacement. R.E. Pierson won the $107.5 million contract to replace the old drawbridge with a long-awaited new drawbridge that will feature wider lanes and sidewalks for bicyclists and pedestrians.
For this project R.E. Pierson utilized two ICE® I-80 Diesel Hammers, one on each side of the river, to accelerate the process of securing the 36" (in) pipe pile for the bridge's foundation. The ICE® 50B Vibratory Hammer was also used to help drive the pipe pile, sheet pile, and casings. Temporary cofferdams were also installed to maintain a dry workspace during construction.
Vehicles and pedestrians will continue to use the existing Rumson-Sea Bright bridge until Spring 2025 when the new bridge is expected to be completed. Thank you to R.E. Pierson for creating this important transportation link for Monmouth County's vehicular and marine traffic. ICE® is proud to be a part of this new infrastructure that will help to ensure the safety of the Monmouth community in times of both crisis and everyday travel.
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - email@example.com
- Driven Pile is Creating a Better Tomorrow - METRO Green Line Extension, SWLRT (Southwest Light Rail Project)
- A Sea of Green at Bainbridge Island
- ICE® Versus Deicing Salts: The Only ICE® You Want on the Road!
- Lane Con Makes Drivers’ Dreams Come True
- Modernizing Water Infrastructure
- ICE® Reintroduces Partner and Rig Training
- ICE® wishes a "Bon Voyage" to Mike Robinson!
- Join ICE® & our partners for Irish Shenanigans and Training at Con-Expo 2023!
- Investing In Safe Water Infrastructure
- Mountain Ridges & Temporary Bridges