Fastest Billboard Erection in CTOctober 22, 2021
Better, Faster, Smarter Billboard Installs
Editor: Ashley Steele
Billboard startups take a few days using drilling methods but not for Ultralum who has chosen to think outside of the box. This team has partnered with the vibratory hammer specialists at ICE® and redesigned a faster and smarter way to get the job done safely and efficiently. With their new innovative methods, UltraLum can put in a new digital billboard in just one afternoon. The latest site to get one of these 50 ft tall LED screens is on a stretch of I-91 between Hartford and New Haven, CT.
UltraLum rented an ICE® 50B Vibratory Driver/Extractor to drive two 42" diameter caissons with a .75" wall thickness. The first pile was driven 39' into the ground in only 6 minutes due to the soil conditions. Using a second spliced section that was then UT tested for integrity of the weld, this section was then driven in for a second 6-minute period to 73 feet deep in the ground. A strong foundation support system for these heavy billboards.
Once secured the final top piece to the billboard was attached to the foundation in a matter of hours.
This electronic billboard will be wired and ready to go "live" in less than a week from the beginning of installation. Ultralum explained to us that their ads are uploaded into a cloud, which can be added or removed from the billboard almost instantaneously. Keep your eye to the skyline as UltraLum and ICE® have an ongoing partnership, which will allow these quick installation billboards to continue to pop up adding aesthetically pleasing messages to your commutes.
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Driven Pile is Creating a Better Tomorrow - METRO Green Line Extension, SWLRT (Southwest Light Rail Project)
- A Sea of Green at Bainbridge Island
- ICE® Versus Deicing Salts: The Only ICE® You Want on the Road!
- Lane Con Makes Drivers’ Dreams Come True
- Modernizing Water Infrastructure
- ICE® Reintroduces Partner and Rig Training
- ICE® wishes a "Bon Voyage" to Mike Robinson!
- Join ICE® & our partners for Irish Shenanigans and Training at Con-Expo 2023!
- Investing In Safe Water Infrastructure
- Mountain Ridges & Temporary Bridges