Stratton Lock and Dam Construction
Editor - Alix Bemis
Project installs new dam gates and extend lock to reduce wait times for boat traffic and stop erosion issues
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) is overseeing construction on a $16.7 million improvement project at the Stratton Lock and Dam on the Fox River in McHenry County. Under the supervision of the IDNR Office of Water Resources, Kiewit Infrastructure Company of Chicago is managing the construction of the Stratton Lock and Dam Project in McHenry, IL.
Kiewit Infrastructure Company of Chicago is driving sheet pile using an ICE® Model 50B Vibratory Pile Hammer.
The Stratton Lock and Damn Life Extension Project improves three components of the lock and dam facility. Replacement of existing gates, extension of the boat lock downstream, and rehabilitation of berms on Fox River to correct erosion problems and helping the local wildlife population thrive including fish habitats.
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - email@example.com
Official Press Release
Click for image of the project area
- MC 22A Rescues Weak Dam
- Sletten Helps Get MRL Back on Track
- Trench is Pickin’ Up Good Vibrations
- ICE®'s IP-3 Working on a Postage Stamp
- McLean Returns to Churchland Bridge ~ 50 Years Later
- The Path to Four Lakes Revival
- CH 450 Purifies Polluted Soil
- CH 150 Advances Worker Safety
- Predrilling For Pedestrian Safety
- ICE® 44B “Born to Run” Down NJ Highway