Editor: Alix Bemis
FACCA Incorporated, a premier heavy-civil construction contractor based out of Ontario was awarded a $63.3M project by the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) to rebuild the Marysville ferry dock on Wolfe Island, Lake Ontario.
FACCA began working on reconstruction of the Marysville Dock along Centre Street in September 2020 and construction is expected to be complete by November 2022. The project scope will consist of new passenger, utility, and service buildings, upgrading mooring and docking locations, additional spaces on the dock as well as pedestrian and cycling facilities. The new Marysville ferry dock will improve safety and reliability while supporting economic growth through the creation of new jobs for the whole region.
After encountering issues driving sheet pile for the new dock with a smaller vibratory hammer, ICE®'s International Sales Manager, Jim Ziemer, worked with FACCA to determine which ICE® vibratory pile hammer would be optimal for their needs and wouldn't require a larger crane. In January 2021, FACCA ended up purchasing an ICE® Model 33 Vibratory Pile Hammer and Model 475HP Power Unit, its performance exceeded their expectations. FACCA construction crews are pictured here driving 90' long sections of AZ38-700N sheet pile for the shoreline perimeter wall using an ICE® Model 33 Vibratory Pile Hammer.
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - email@example.com
- Dooker’s Hollow Bridge Driven Piles
- Reconstruction of Marysville Dock on Lake Ontario
- SLC Airport Phase-2 Construction
- I-64 New High Rise Bridge Construction in Chesapeake, VA
- Minneapolis Southwest Light Rail Transit Construction
- Ultra-lum Billboard Install with an ICE® 50B Vibratory Pile Hammer
- Coho Salmon Pens Installed Using an ICE® 14D Vibratory Pile Hammer
- Installing Micro Piles at a New Swim School Using an MC4D Piling Rig
- Driving Pipe on a Route 22 Overpass Using an I-30 Diesel Pile Hammer
- ICE® Saves the Trout