ICE® I-125 Driving Against the CurrentApril 9, 2022
ICE® I-125 Driving Against the Current
Editor: Debbie Reaney
Recently, the Buckeye, LLP Terminal in Jacksonville, FL expanded their docking locations to facilitate the movement of more cargo. This terminal is primarily used for liquid petroleum products, which are in high demand as the spring and summer travel seasons approach. The overall project purpose was to make changes to the existing dock to improve the mooring for oil carrier vessels. The dock improvements support operations at the Buckeye Terminal oil import/export facility located on the adjoining upland parcel.
The Orion Marine Group was contracted to place 3 new dolphins. Two new mooring dolphins that will allow ships to dock and unload without having to pull up to the port directly, and one new breasting dolphin that will help keep ships sheltered from collisions. The dolphins were all created using an ICE® I-125 diesel pile driver, which was able to successfully drive 66" diameter caissons, up to 120 ft in length. By utilizing the strength of the ICE® I-125, the customer was able to drive piles to grade without the need to swap out equipment. This saved the crew time and enabled them to contend with heavy ship traffic and strong currents on the waterway more easily.
Thank you to the Orion Marine Group for choosing ICE®'s dependable equipment to safely and efficiently complete your project, as well as enabling us to help you build upon your reputation for customer excellence. Our ICE® team looks forward to supporting you again in the future.
Learn more about the ICE® I-125
Pollyanna Cunningham, MA, MBA
Director Marketing, Brand and Media Relations
ICE® - International Construction Equipment, Inc
Office - 704-821-8200
Email - email@example.com
- Driven Pile is Creating a Better Tomorrow - METRO Green Line Extension, SWLRT (Southwest Light Rail Project)
- A Sea of Green at Bainbridge Island
- ICE® Versus Deicing Salts: The Only ICE® You Want on the Road!
- Lane Con Makes Drivers’ Dreams Come True
- Modernizing Water Infrastructure
- ICE® Reintroduces Partner and Rig Training
- ICE® wishes a "Bon Voyage" to Mike Robinson!
- Join ICE® & our partners for Irish Shenanigans and Training at Con-Expo 2023!
- Investing In Safe Water Infrastructure
- Mountain Ridges & Temporary Bridges